Do you remember what it was like to deal with a rental broker / leasing agent?
1. They never remembered your name.
Let’s face it: you’re just a number for them.
6. They exaggerated, misrepresented and misinformed you when describing properties.
7. Question: Where is this place located? Answer: The landlord prohibits me from giving the exact address.
8. Question: What size bed can I fit in the bedroom? Answer: You have to just see it yourself.
9. Question: What is the bathroom like? Answer: What are you looking for?
14. Because there were lots of people coming to see the place willing to take it instead.
15. They played you the “bait and switch” trick.
When a “no fee” apartment suddenly becomes a “fee” apartment because the landlord changed his mind about paying the fee for you.
16. Whatever you didn’t get in writing was gone with the wind.
Though this could happen to anyone.
18. And the worst part is that you had to pay for their lousy service.
Broker fees in New York range from one month rent to 15% of a year’s rent.