1. You need to expand your palate:
You’ve read Green Eggs and Ham, right? Step out of your culinary comfort zone. You’ll be rewarded.
2. You’re in desperate need of new friends:
Your friends from home are boring, anyway.
3. You need to learn to be resourceful:
Got a problem? Going abroad will teach you how to solve it yourself (instead of frantically calling someone).
4. You don’t have any kids yet:
Once you have kids, it’s hard to travel with them — and even harder to be away from them.
5. You want to know more about what the world thinks about America:
Maybe when you get back home, you’ll work to change some of those perceptions!
6. You need better stories to tell at parties:
No one wants to hear about that time you did that crazy thing in college anymore.
7. You need to practice your photography:
Stop what you’re doing.
8. You need to get over someone:
FACT: People are hotter around the world than they are where you live.
9. You need your pets more than they need you:
They are literally TELLING you they’re okay when you’re not around.
10. You need to build up your self-esteem:
Traveling alone is a great way to prove to yourself that you’re self-sufficient!
11. You need to put some distance between you and your mother:
It never used to be this bad.
12. You need to be inspired:
And painting your room a new color isn’t gonna do it.