1. Movie stars are making the move to T.V.
Like Zooey Deschanel on “New Girl.”
2. The special effects on TV are just as good as movies (and even better).
These dragons from “Game Of Thrones” look so realistic, right?
3. The TV directors are hot shots too!
Rian Johnson, the director of “Looper,” directed a couple episodes of “Breaking Bad.”
4. Peter Dinklage, star of “Game Of Thrones” was named GQ’s Stud Of The Year.
Not a movie star. Take that, Channing Tatum.
5. There are no 3D gimmicks on TV!
Really? You want me to pay $20 to watch a movie just because it’s 3D?
How about entertainment with substantial plots instead? Like “Mad Men.”
6. There are way better cameos on TV.
Has Paul McCartney ever appeared in your favorite movie? Nope. But here he is on “30 Rock.”
7. TV can be way more dramatic and scary than the average thriller.
Especially “American Horror Story.” Nightmare fuel right there.
8. Ellen DeGeneres and Oprah Winfrey, both TV talk show hosts, have more Twitter followers than any famous movie actor.
9. TV shows have a much more rabid fanbase than movies.
People are constantly talking about their TV fandoms on Tumblr.
10. And who says you’ve got to watch TV shows alone? They’re even MORE communal than movies!
It’s because while people watch TV, they can live-tweet their thoughts almost immediately! (And sometimes even live GIF!)