1. You spent the first year or two of your education drawing crappy pictures instead of learning.
7. You were forced to memorize ultimately useless information for your state’s standardized tests (we had the Regents exams in New York).
8. You filled out arbitrary, busy-work dittos for hours upon hours (upon hours).
9. Being able to do the morning announcements just once was a big deal.
12. The school made you sing a bunch of cheesy songs at graduation.
13. You cheered when you saw this video because you had dozens of teachers like that and know exactly what he’s talking about.
26. Your school’s budget didn’t pass one year and the district had to go on austerity.
And it looked something like this.
27. You remember your superintendent, not for what he did for the school or for your education or enrichment, but because he had the nicest car of anyone in the entire district.
29. And you remember getting a free Pizza Hut pizza every now and then for doing one.
31. You had to do a “senior project,” and it was a joke.
32. You remember which fast-food place served as the social nexus for all the local high schools.
33. In senior year, a bunch of idiots from your graduating class put forks in the lawn thinking it was the most amazing prank of all time.
It wasn’t. Not by a long shot.
- Taylor Swift won Video of the Year for "Bad Blood" at the MTV Video Music Awards. ›