1. Taco Bell was originally called Taco Tia.
2. There are no Taco Bells in Mexico.
But really, though, why would Mexico need Taco Bell — Americanized Mexican food? Source.
3. Taco Bell offers French fries at some of its overseas locations.
4. Taco Bell once petitioned the government to start printing $2 bills again.
It was mainly just a marketing gimmick, but it’s still a nifty fact! Source.
5. The original cost for a Taco Bell taco was 19 cents.
6. Taco Bell cinnamon twists start out life as these little pasta things.
7. The Taco Bell Chihuahua’s name was Gidget.
Source. She died in 2009. :(
8. Even though the Taco Bell Chihuahua character was male, Gidget was actually female.
10. Taco Bell’s menu is just as viable for weight loss as Subway’s.
12. Taco Bell is one of Macaulay Culkin’s preferred brands — so much so that he had Christmas lunch there.
13. Its beef is real, despite what you may believe.
14. However, there’s other stuff added to it — like magic enema juice.
The scientific term is sodium phosphate. Source.
15. Taco Bell has siblings! A&W, KFC, Long John Silver’s, and Pizza Hut are all of Taco Bell’s brothers/sisters since Yum Brands is their collective father/mother.
16. Taco Bell headquarters is one of the most beautiful structures on earth.
18. The Doritos Taco was so successful that it helped Taco Bell add 15,000 jobs to the company.
19. The Doritos Taco took about three years to make, from inception to when it was released for consumption.
This is a picture of the very first prototype Doritos taco. Taco Bell engineers used a spray-paint gun to spray a taco shell with Doritos flavoring. Read the whole amazing Doritos taco story here.
20. When the Mir space station was crashing down to Earth, Taco Bell put a giant target in the ocean and proclaimed that if any piece of the station hit the target, everyone in the U.S. would get a free taco.
Nothing hit the target, and nobody got free tacos. Bummer. Source.
- And President Obama actually made his daughters laugh at the annual White House turkey pardon. ›