1. The plot.
3. “Anything else that’ll keep this elevator from falling?” “Yeah. The basement.”
5. Because Keanu Reaves was something other than a clueless stoner for the first time in his career.
8. The movie’s brilliant foreshadowing. The above scene references a gold watch. The bomber (a retired cop) uses the gold watch given to him at his retirement as part of the bomb.
12. The adorable romance between Keanu Reaves and Sandra Bullock
(even though it doesn’t last)
13. Because it taught me (and many other people, I’m sure) what those yellow barrels on the highway are for
They’re called impact attenuators. The specific one in Speed is called a Fitch Barrier.
14. The simple yet epic movie poster that tells you exactly what your’e getting with this movie: Keanu Reaves, a bus, and explosions.
15. This screencap of Dennis Hopper with purple stuff all over his face.
16. Because, unlike in most action films, one of the main good guys actually dies.
R.I.P. Detective Harold Temple :(
17. This scene.
18. The antagonist gets decapitated after a fearsome fight in the subway. While not quite Red Wedding level, it was powerful stuff for the 90s.
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›