1. Let’s get this one out of the way: It spawned one of the most iconic and legendary video games ever.
2. James Bond jumps down a friggin’ dam.
What if he had strayed too close to the wall and hit it? His head could’ve been split open!
4. Then he takes out a Russian dude while he’s on the crapper. That’s totally badass.
6. The Antennae Cradle is actually a real place.
It’s the Arecibo Observatory, a massive radio telescope in Puerto Rico.
8. The sick twist halfway through the movie: Janus is actually Bond’s old partner, Alec Trevelyan!
9. Another reason Goldeneye is amazing: Trevelyan is a suave, kick-ass villain.
19. The movie’s name has a historical basis: Operation Goldeneye was a plan to keep tabs on Fransico Franco’s fascist Spain during the Second World War.
Ian Fleming, the author of the James Bond novels, was largely responsible for creating the Operation Goldeneye plans.