1. The team will be called New York City Football Club (NYC FC).
As both a Man City fan and a New Yorker, this is EVERYTHING.
3. NYC FC might serve as a feeder team for 2011-12 English Premier League champions Manchester City.
According to City CEO Ferran Soriano, “the objective and the focus will be to try to find the right players for the New York team. The New York team is a team on its own.”
4. The club’s interim venue will be the new Yankee Stadium.
The original Yankee Stadium was the home of the North American Soccer League’s New York Cosmos in 1976.
5. The club’s proposed home stadium will be in Flushing Meadows-Corona Park in Queens.
Home of the U.S. Open and Citi Field, the home of the New York Mets.
6. NYC FC will have a Big Apple derby with the New York Red Bulls.
As well as with the legend that is Thierry Henry, naturally.
7. High-profile players might be transferring to NYC FC in the future.
Big names including Frank Lampard, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Xavi, Andrea Pirlo, Ronaldinho, and current City forward Carlos Tevez are possible targets.
8. The majority owner of the club will be City owner Sheik Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan of Abu Dhabi.
New York Yankees president Randy Levine will serve as the leader in launching NYC FC.
9. NYC FC will join the rich and famous history of New York sports teams.
10. Finally, the kits for NYC FC could possibly look like this:
Made by former Man City kit manufacturers Umbro, the jerseys would have the navy blue and pinstripes of the Bronx Bombers, the sky blue of the Citizens, and OF COURSE they’ll be sponsored by the New York Stock Exchange and Saks Fifth Avenue. They’re so New York City.
Hopefully though, NYC FC’s future jerseys will be made by current City kit manufacturers Nike, but this awesome possible idea for their future jerseys is all that we have for now!