1. If you’re in the New York City area, check out the Jazz Age Lawn Party on Governors Island.
2. If you’re not, you can still throw your own Gatsby-inspired party any day of the year.
You can buy this swingin’ set of art deco printable party invitations and decorations here.
Use these fun photo booth props to take some pretty swell pictures while amping up your party’s 1920s style infinitely.
3. Transport your home back in time with some unique DIY decor pieces.
Follow this tutorial to make customized “vintage” portraits on canvas.
You can also print some black and white portraits the regular way, and hand-color them with these special photo markers.
Just like they did back in the day.
4. Learn the Charleston and blow the dance competition out of the water every time.
Get the full lesson here.
5. Refresh your look with a hairstyle Gatsby himself would approve of.
Like the bob, modeled here by actress Louise Brooks.
For women, here’s your guide to the quintessential bobbed hairstyles of the jazz age, with images originally published in 1924.
If you don’t want to cut your hair, you can still experiment with finger waves. Comprehensive instructions on finger waving here.
And here’s some inspiration for the fellas. You should probably skip the fedora, though.
7. Listen to 24-hour 1920s radio.
Live streaming from The 1920’s Radio Network, whenever you feel like you need that extra pep in your step.
8. Learn the lingo and slip it into every conversation.
This handy list of the most intriguing phrases is just the bee’s knees! Recommended for everyday use for maximum effectiveness.