1. When people comment that the job is “so easy,” you accidentally get real defensive.
I’D LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY IT.
2. When peer editing a paper in a non-major course, you use red pen and your teacher side comes out.
I can’t help it.
3. You have a collection somewhere of “teacher things.”
And just looking at it brings you so much joy…
4. You basically lose your mind over “teacher stores.”
I want it all.
5. You’ve experienced endless standardized testing debates.
6. The thought of having your own classroom makes you feel like
7. There’s typically only one or two guys in any of your classes, and all of the girls are just like:
9. You’ve perfected your “I’ll wait” facial expression.
11. You’ve spent an embarrassing amount of time thinking about how your name would sound as a teacher name.
12. Your friends get so confused when you tell them that you got to finger paint in your art class today.
I’d be jealous, too.
13. You’ve always known that you wanted to be a teacher, and the thought of doing anything else is unfathomable.
15. You’re constantly on the lookout for children’s books.
Gotta get a head start.
16. You sometimes force your friends to let you practice your lesson plans on them.
- Nicholas Winton, who saved more than 650 Jewish children from the Holocaust, died at 106.
- Mozambique implemented a new criminal code that removes a colonial-era law criminalizing homosexuality.