1. Brooklyn-based photographer Benjamin Rosamond spent three years capturing the construction of One World Trade Center as it took over downtown Manhattan’s epic skyline.
Rosamond took around 30,000 photographs of the building’s rise from the time it emerged on the skyline in 2011 to it’s near completion in July this year. The building’s construction began in 2006.
2. Watch the spectacular time-lapse video here:
Along with the One World Trade Center, Rosamond’s camera also captured the construction of 4 World Trade Center, Brooklyn’s tallest tower — 388 Bridge St., and the Barclays Center.
- The top U.S. commander in Afghanistan acknowledged that American forces mistakenly struck a hospital in Kunduz, killing 22 people. ›
- Russia is reportedly preparing to send ground troops to aid Syria's campaign against rebel forces. ›
- Takaaki Kajita and Arthur McDonald won the Nobel Prize in physics for their discovery that neutrinos have mass. ›