1. Three firefighters were injured while attempting to help Campbellsville University’s school band do the ALS ice bucket challenge on Thursday.
2. One of the firefighters from the Campbellsville/Taylor County Fire Department was reported to be in critical condition while the other sustained serious injuries, WHAS11 News reported.
Both are being treated at the University Hospital.
3. After firefighters splashed the school band with ice water, the fire truck’s aerial bucket made contact with power lines, the university’s resident director told WHAS11 News.
Power went out in a large part of the Campsbellsville area — including the school campus — leaving at least 4,500 people without electricity, a spokesperson for LG&E-KU told Wave 3 News.
4. No students were injured.
5. In a statement, the president of Campbellsville University, Michael Carter, said, “We express heartfelt sympathy and prayers for the families of the two firefighters who were injured.”
(H/t Business Insider)