1. A video posted by an English-language Chinese blog, Beijing Cream, captured the morning rush hour at the Xierqi subway station. Brace yourselves.
2. The blog’s writer, Anthony Tao, explained that the gates and staircases to reduce congestion were sometimes not enough. He described it thusly:
“For you see, in China, sometimes there are simply too many goddamn people.”
- Greece appears to have voted "no" on sweeping new austerity measures tied to further bailout funds. Its future in the eurozone is uncertain.
- The U.S. will face Japan in Vancouver in the final match of the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Captured New York prison escapee David Sweat has been released from hospital and is back in jail.