1. A CCTV camera captured an alleged suicide attempt by a 21-year-old woman (name withheld) who jumped in front of a speeding train in Delhi, India, in June, reported the Hindustan Times.
2. The incident occurred on a deserted platform on Sunday in the Delhi metro. According to metro officials it would be impossible to survive such an event unless there was ditch or depression on the tracks.
Tasneem Nashrulla is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Tasneem Nashrulla at email@example.com.
In The News Today
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria who are currently in Hungary to come to their countries. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›