A 25-year-old woman from a village in the Indian state of Madhya Pradesh killed her alleged rapist by dousing him in kerosene and setting him on fire. The 38-year-old man, Raju Vishvakarma, had been arrested for allegedly raping the woman at knifepoint in April but was released on bail in May.
According to the rapist’s statement before his death, his victim invited him to her house to negotiate an out-of-court settlement in the rape case. When he arrived, the woman and her brothers set him on fire. He died of burn injuries after locals took him to a hospital.
The police have booked the rape victim and her family members on murder charges.
3. In the aftermath of the horrific gang rape in Mumbai, and the three year-sentence for a juvenile rapist in the brutal Delhi rape and murder, Indians supported the rape victim’s actions.
God’$ F@vor!te Ch!à¨½
BRAVO!!! Rapist burned to death by victim in MP - The Times of India http://t.co/CsbsS5iOdL
This should be the treatment for any rapist in India #MARD http://t.co/4RcXNCIITP
Poetic Justice, ZINDABAD!! Poetic Justice, ZINDABAD!! “Rapist burned to death by victim in MP” http://t.co/vZCx40cLBM
So the victim burned her rapist and is arrested for murder. Will be a sad day if they convict her for doing what the law couldn’t
let us do the same with the ‘juvenile’ in Delhi #gangrape case - Rapist burned to death by victim - Times of India http://t.co/14e87b17sS
- Tunisia's president declared a state of emergency a week after a deadly terror attack on a beach hotel.
- Some 150 migrants stranded in the French city of Calais stormed the Channel Tunnel in an attempt to make it to British territory.
- It took a while, but an English national soccer team has finally defeated Germany in a major tournament. England took third place with a 1-0 win over the top-ranked German team in the FIFA Women's World Cup ⚽️
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the Copa ⚽️