1. George Bush did the ALS ice bucket challenge after being nominated by “several Americans,” including his daughter, Jenna Bush Hager.
2. At first he said he just planned on writing a check to ALS because dousing oneself with a bucket of ice cold water is not presidential.
“I do not think it’s presidential for me to be splashed with ice water.”
- Fox News has announced the 10 Republican candidates who will participate in the first debate of the 2016 U.S. presidential race on Thursday.
- The World Health Organization says new cases of Ebola in Sierra Leone and Guinea hit the lowest point in more than a year last week.
- Super Typhoon Soudelor, the strongest storm of 2015 so far, is threatening parts of Asia after hitting the Pacific island Saipan.