1. George Bush did the ALS ice bucket challenge after being nominated by “several Americans,” including his daughter, Jenna Bush Hager.
2. At first he said he just planned on writing a check to ALS because dousing oneself with a bucket of ice cold water is not presidential.
“I do not think it’s presidential for me to be splashed with ice water.”
- Chicago officials have released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. The officer was charged with murder Tuesday. ›
- At least 19 people in seven U.S. states have been infected with E. coli in an outbreak officials believe is linked to rotisserie chicken salads sold at Costco. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›