1. George Bush did the ALS ice bucket challenge after being nominated by “several Americans,” including his daughter, Jenna Bush Hager.
2. At first he said he just planned on writing a check to ALS because dousing oneself with a bucket of ice cold water is not presidential.
“I do not think it’s presidential for me to be splashed with ice water.”
- At least three people have died in South Carolina due to severe rainfall. More than 11 inches of rain fell on the city in 48 hours. ›
- The World Bank announced that for the first time it is forecasting the rate of extreme global poverty to drop below 10% in 2015. ›
- President Obama says the U.S. has launched a full investigation into the airstrikes that killed 22 people at a hospital in Afghanistan on Saturday. ›