1. Nearly 75% of Georgia’s Republicans have a favorable opinion of Paula Deen, the Georgia native and celebrity chef who admitted to using the N-word.
Carlo Allegri, File / AP
2. Less than 60% of Georgia’s Republicans have a favorable opinion of Martin Luther King Jr., the leader of the African-American Civil Rights Movement.
3. The End.
Tasneem Nashrulla is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.
Contact Tasneem Nashrulla at email@example.com.
In The News Today
- California Republican Kevin McCarthy has dropped out of the race to be the next speaker of the U.S. House. ›
- FIFA has suspended its president Sepp Blatter, secretary general Jerome Valcke, and vice-president Michel Platini for 90 days. ›
- Congressional Democrats are urging the TSA to change its screening procedures for transgender passengers. ›