Derek Medina appeared before Miami Judge Maria Elena Verde by video link on Friday.
2. Derek Medina, 31, who confessed on Facebook to shooting and killing his wife, was ordered held without bond, Reuters reported. He could face a death sentence if he is convicted of first-degree murder.
3. According to Medina’s arrest affidavit, this is his confession of the events that led to him shooting his wife multiple times:
- At least one member of Ukraine's National Guard has died and about 90 people were injured after protesters clashed with police outside of Parliament in Ukraine. ›
- Lawyers for the NFL and New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady failed to reach a settlement in the deflategate case. A decision is expected by Friday. ›
- Thai police have issued two new arrest warrants as the search widens for the suspects behind Bangkok's deadly shrine bombing. ›