1. Xiao Hei, a Beijing police officer, has been rescuing “oversized” and unregistered dogs seized by the police and put in cages to be killed, the AFP reported.
2. If his fellow officers refuse to hand the caged dogs to him, he goes to the station at night and steals them away. He is now protecting seven canines in a small guardhouse office.
4. There is a massive crackdown on large as well as unregistered pet dogs in Beijing. This heartbreaking video shows how a small dog was forcefully taken from his owner and put in a cage by a police officer.
5. The cops say large dogs are a threat to humans. Once oversized dogs are seized they are put down and sold to restaurants for meat.
QQ, a 2-year-old Scotland shepherd, is spending the month in a suburban Beijing, China, boarding facility because his owners are worried about a crackdown on big dogs in their Beijing neighborhood.
- Police in Athens used pepper spray on protesters two days ahead of Greece's major bailout vote.
- A medical helicopter has crashed in Colorado. Three people were injured, according to reports.
- Serena Williams survived an upset at Wimbledon and defeated Heather Watson. She'll play her older sister Venus in the next round of the tournament ?