1. Xiao Hei, a Beijing police officer, has been rescuing “oversized” and unregistered dogs seized by the police and put in cages to be killed, the AFP reported.
2. If his fellow officers refuse to hand the caged dogs to him, he goes to the station at night and steals them away. He is now protecting seven canines in a small guardhouse office.
4. There is a massive crackdown on large as well as unregistered pet dogs in Beijing. This heartbreaking video shows how a small dog was forcefully taken from his owner and put in a cage by a police officer.
5. The cops say large dogs are a threat to humans. Once oversized dogs are seized they are put down and sold to restaurants for meat.
QQ, a 2-year-old Scotland shepherd, is spending the month in a suburban Beijing, China, boarding facility because his owners are worried about a crackdown on big dogs in their Beijing neighborhood.
- Iran's parliament approved a deal on its nuclear program, which was agreed in July following lengthy talks between six world powers. ›