1. Meet Dorothy Hunter, owner of Paws Natural Pet Emporium in Richland, Washington.
2. On June 19, Hunter decided to eat only dog and cat food from her store for 30 days to prove how tasty and nutritious it was.
Here she is relishing Charlee Bear dog treats.
3. It all began when Hunter was busy stocking shelves at her store and didn’t have time to go out and get herself a human snack.
“So I just grabbed a bag of treats off the counter and I was like wow, you know, these read better than normal people treats,” Hunter told NBC Right Now of comparing the ingredients in pet food with those of human food.
5. Hunter felt that if people started feeding their dogs healthy food, it would make them start reading the ingredients of their own food.
6. She enjoyed Tiki canned chicken cat food, Grandma Lucy’s Artisan Chicken and oven-baked pumpkin dog treats.
8. On July 7, she gave every one a super important tip: Dog food gives you REALLY BAD DOG GAS.
“I can’t tell you how bad it is. I still have to work, I still have to be in the public,” said Hunter.
9. “I mean I was feeling good, but the gas was bad,” she said while tucking into her favorite Grandma Lucy’s dog food for breakfast.
Considering her bad case of canine flatulence, Hunter said she will continue to sample some of the dog food, but will stop the only dog food diet “because I have to live with myself and I do have a husband.”