1. Photographer Elena Shumilova takes gorgeous pictures of her children with pet animals on their farm in Russia.
3. She started taking photos of her two sons, Yaroslav, 5, and Ivan, 2, around a year ago.
6. The family’s pet dog, Misha, features prominently in many of her photos.
9. Shumilova told BuzzFeed that these pictures are about love, her childhood nostalgia and the “thoughts of a person alone with nature.”
12. Shumilova said she tries to make the photos look like her dreams, lending them a surreal, fairytale like quality.
Tasneem Nashrulla is a reporter for BuzzFeed News and is based in New York.