1. The Holy City of Jerusalem was blanketed in snow after being struck by the worst snowstorm in 20 years.
Jerusalem locked down by ‘historic’ snowstorm http://t.co/6ThrLWuxAQ #palestine”
A man walks in the snowstorm at the Western Wall in Jerusalem’s Old City.
4. Ten to 15 inches of snow piled up in the city center and in the outskirts.
A Beduin woman walks next to shacks covered with snow following a snowstorm at the outskirts of Jerusalem.
5. More than 500 stranded motorists were provided shelter at the International Conference Center in the city.
Israel News Feed
Photo of part of hundreds of vehicles stranded in the snowstorm this morning at entrance of Jerusalem
6. “The elders of Jerusalem don’t remember such a snowstorm in years,” an official with the Jerusalem Municipality told a radio station. He said that the city was seeing its greatest snowfall since 1992.
Snowstorm in Mea Shaarim neighborhood of Jerusalem this morning.
8. The snowstorm, of rare intensity, blanketed Jerusalem and parts of the occupied West Bank on Friday, choking off the city and stranding hundreds in vehicles on impassable roads.
Snowstorm in Jerusalem,Israel #Israel #Jerusalem #snow #storm #winter #cold by danielseaman
A dog stands in the snow at a park.
Snow in Jerusalem: Finally, an appropriate occasion for a selfie http://t.co/h3y9btHd53
12. Tens of thousands of families in Jerusalem and its outlying areas were cut off from power, The Jerusalem Post reported.
People walk to a temporary shelter in Jerusalem during the snowstorm.
13. Schools and highways were shut for two days as residents were advised to stay at home.
Jerusalem of Cold: No Snowmaggedon, but a breathless sight to behold, writes @IlenePrusher http://t.co/mhDwXMwEFq
Residents of #Jerusalem told to stay indoors, many towns in #Israel cut off as snowstorm spreads & roads closed #cbc
15. A municipality spokesperson warned of a second snowstorm on Friday, estimated to be three times the size of Thursday night’s downfall. Residents were strongly cautioned to stay off the roads while the city braced for at least 20 inches of snow.
Western Wall and the Dome of the Rock, some of the holiest sites for for Jews and Muslims, are covered in snow in Jerusalem.
Rare snowstorm leaves Jerusalem in lockdown; independent
A woman swims in the pool at the David Citadel Hotel during the snowstorm.
To the skeptics of ecological movements, how do you explain climate change? #snowstorm #jerusalem
Swans in their snow-covered enclosure at Jerusalem’s Biblical Zoo.
BREAKING: Jerusalem is snowed in: Entryways blocked for traffic until 6 A.M. http://t.co/h3y9btHd53
A man walks through snow near Jerusalem’s Old City walls.
A rare snowstorm has hit the Middle East. This is what Jerusalem looks like today http://t.co/6Ky2fjf2Vi
A man rides his bicycle on a snow-covered road.
Many in #Jerusalem can’t get enough of ‘magical’ flakes as unusual snowstorm continues for 3rd night #cbc #Israel
After the snowstorm, a worshipper gets ready for his Friday prayer in front of the Dome of the Rock in the compound known to Muslims as Noble Sanctuary and to Jews as Temple Mount, in Jerusalem’s Old City.
Incredible snowstorm in the West Bank! #Ramallah #snow #Cairo #Jerusalem #Amman
Snow falls at night over Jerusalem.
49 cm snow after 24 hours of snowstorm in #jerusalem
Pedestrians walk through the falling snow in Jerusalem.
Rare Jerusalem snow! 12” unheard of snowstorm!
Palestinians conduct their Friday prayer in front of the Dome of the Rock.
- New York's attorney general is looking into whether employees at fantasy sports sites might have won bets based on information not available to the public, the New York Times reports. ›