1. John Poppleton uses UV body paint to create scenes of nature and space, and then brings them to life under a black light.
2. Poppleton told BuzzFeed, “It actually started out as just black light photography.”
3. “Black light and UV-reactive paints make the painting become the light source, thereby making it look realistic.”
4. “Painting a sunset, for example, under black light is like witnessing a real sunset,” said Poppleton.
5. “You’re literally painting with light, and when that painting is on a person, it’s as if the light is inside of them shining out.”
6. While his work mostly features nature and the cosmos, he’s also explored other themes.
9. You can head over to Poppleton’s Facebook page to check out more of his work.
Here Are The Top Stories
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72 years old.
- President Barack Obama will unveil climate change regulations at a White House event on Monday. The plan is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".