1. John Poppleton uses UV body paint to create scenes of nature and space, and then brings them to life under a black light.
2. Poppleton told BuzzFeed, “It actually started out as just black light photography.”
3. “Black light and UV-reactive paints make the painting become the light source, thereby making it look realistic.”
4. “Painting a sunset, for example, under black light is like witnessing a real sunset,” said Poppleton.
5. “You’re literally painting with light, and when that painting is on a person, it’s as if the light is inside of them shining out.”
6. While his work mostly features nature and the cosmos, he’s also explored other themes.
9. You can head over to Poppleton’s Facebook page to check out more of his work.
Here Are The Top Stories
- The U.S. government is investigating possible unlawful coordination by some airlines to keep prices high ✈️
- U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry will travel to Cuba later this summer for the opening of a U.S. embassy there.
- The U.S. Episcopal Church, which appointed an out gay bishop in 2003, has voted to let clergy perform religious same-sex marriages.