1. We’re excellent at making anything tupperware and never throwing it out, even if it’s covered in curry stains.
2. We make sure everything in our homes stay as good as new… forever.
3. We save a lot on transportation by rickshaw-pooling.
6. We. Will. Bargain. It doesn’t matter if it’s sabzi, or gold, or cars.
After all, paisa doesn’t grow on trees y’all.
7. We hustle shopkeepers by telling them, “Give us a good price and we’ll tell the entire gali to shop here.”
8. We always try to get something for free. “Bhaiyya, we are buying samaan for full price, give us these bangles for free.”
9. Jugaad is a way of life. Everything serves more than one purpose. We’re a bunch of Macgyvers basically.
10. “Sticking plaster” is our best friend.
11. We don’t shy away from parading around our fixing skills.
12. We spend hours, days, weeks, even months researching before we make a purchase.
13. We save on rolls and rolls of toilet paper, because the sprinkler has our back.
14. If we don’t like that gift that auntyji gave us, we just regift.
See what she did there?
15. Our kids wear clothes that they can grow into. Less spending, more saving!
16. Russell Peters said it best…
Because if we could, we’d pay zero rupees for things.