1. A recent surveillance video posted to China’s online media shows a man catching a 1-year-old with his bare hands after the baby fell from a second-story window.
2. According to a report from CCTV Channel 13 in Guangdong province, the baby was left alone and somehow climbed out onto the windowsill.
3. The video also captured pedestrians placing cartons and cardboard on the street in hopes of cushioning a potential fall after they noticed the toddler teetering.
4. But one man — later identified as Mr. Li — hurried across the street and held out his arms.
5. What happened next was truly spectacular: The baby topples off the ledge but Li, with the help of Hu, the other man depicted in the clip, safely catches him.
According to The Guardian, the baby was then bundled and frantically hurried away by his frightened mother.