1. If you don’t throw away your Starbucks cup, refills are only 50 cents.
2. In fact, reloading and reusing your Starbucks gift card can qualify you for free refills.
You have to register and use the card a few times beforehand, but you will unlock special instructions for free coffee and tea!
3. If you have cool neighbors, share Wi-Fi and split one bill.
4. Reasonably threatening to leave your cable company can compel them to give you an “exclusive” discounted rate.
5. If your original discounted cable/internet rates will expire, cancel your account and have your roommate re-sign up.
6. You can buy retailer gift cards online for cheaper than their loaded value.
Either at the company website, or specialty gift card outlets, like this one.
8. Be a “hair model” for stylists-in-training at trendy salons. Your cheap cut will look über-expensive.
10. YouTube is also a DIY hub to recycle pretty much anything in your house. Some ideas are more practical than others.
11. Join “For Sale” Facebook groups to nab freebies or steals. It has better stuff than Craigslist and it’s less creepy.
Find completely random *AND FREE* things here.
13. Heading home for an extended holiday? Sublet your apartment when you’re gone.
14. Unwrap all the soap bars you’ve been gifted and leave them in your dresser for fresh scent, 24/7.
15. Leave Tupperware at work so you can take those free company meals home.
Everyone might judge you a little bit, though.
16. Get free week gym passes. At different facilities. Every week. Until you can’t.
Again, people might judge you.
18. Coffee shops and bakeries might give out their baked goodies at the end of the day.
20. Local gallery openings usually serve free wine and a classy environment to get tipsy.
Also, free food (sometimes)!
21. Arrange clothing swaps with your most fashionable friends.
22. Dare to buy produce in Chinatown.
So much cheaper and so many more interesting varieties.