1. Conceiving the unnecessary dichotomy of soccer/football.
Because why wouldn’t you call the sport that solely involves feet FOOTball????
2. And the general underappreciation of soccer/football.
Even though the U.S. qualifies in the FIFA World Cup almost every year.
3. Mandating their own unique measuring system that literally no one else in the world* uses.
*OKOKOK two other countries (Burma and Liberia) also use the special metrication, but still, it makes conversion extremely annoying for the billions of people who were born and raised elsewhere.
4. Which makes everyday things like checking the weather that much more inconvenient.
To translate fahrenheit (used nowhere else) to celsius (used everywhere else), you multiply by 9, divide by 5, then add 32… or something.
I’m not tryna tie my brain in a knot. I just want to know if I can wear jorts today.
6. Creating its own lexicon and insisting the rest of the world is spelling their words wrong.
No, red squigglies, YOU’RE WRONG.
7. Undervaluing other international sports like hockey, rugby, cricket, etc.
8. Disguising watered down coffee by giving it a fancy name.
As if the name wasn’t telling enough: “AMERICA-NO” amirightamiright?
9. Over sweetening things that don’t need any sweetening at all.
10. Setting the legal drinking age at 21 years old…
11. …when 18-year-olds are lawfully allowed to buy handguns.
12. Having longer work days while having fewer vacation days.
The U.S. grants fewer vacation days than most of the other industrialized countries. To put it in perspective, the average employee in Italy gets over 40 days while the average American receives 13.
13. The cost of college tuition and constantly inflating the cost of college tuition.
“The cost of tuition and fees varies by college,” says The College Board. AKA it could cost a hell of a lot more than this chart projects.
15. The fact that sex, nudity, and profane language are carefully censored… and violence isn’t.
17. Overindulging and spoiling their pets like little humans.
19. And the most mystifying: holding a “World Series” that’s comprised almost entirely of American teams.
- Joe Biden has begun to "actively explore a possible presidential campaign," the New York Times reports.
- Zimbabwe park officials reported that Jericho, the brother of beloved lion Cecil, was shot and killed by a hunter. But some scientists monitoring the pride believe he is OK.
- The trooper who pulled over Sandra Bland was disciplined for "unprofessional conduct" in the fall of 2014, records show.