Hey, ‘Murica, pardon us, but we won’t be needlessly apologizing anymore. Because we’re the best and so is curling. Go Canada.
1. Canada whooped the American World Under 18 Hockey team at the championship game in Sochi Russia.
2. Ski Jumping is opening a women’s category this year. And guess what? Canadian women happen to be kickass jumpers.
3. Canadian women also destroyed the U.S. in pre-Olympic Hockey last year.
The score was 6-3.
4. In fact, Canadian women have won the past three gold medals.
Geraldine Heaney licks hers after gold medal win over the U.S. in Salt Lake City.
5. Because hockey is kinda our thing.
6. Our Sochi hopefuls will rock new gear this year.
8. Which gives us a great leg up.
Come at us, cold.
9. Don’t be mad Lays has granted us the superior chip flavor (flavour).
10. We have Crosby, who scored the winning goal against Team USA and won us another gold in Vancouver.
12. Which makes sense since the predicted Team Canada roster is essentially a list of winners.
13. Remember when Canada garnered 26 medals on home turf in Vancouver?
- Doctors Without Borders says 19 people died after a U.S. airstrike caused possible collateral damage at a hospital in Afghanistan. ›
- Hundreds of rescue workers in Guatemala dug through rubble, searching for signs of life after a mudslide killed at least 56 people. ›