1. Benching a player who ends up having a career-high game.
Doug Martin has HOW MANY POINTS?
2. Having to rely on one player to carry your team.
“I’m a 50 point underdog. Peyton, you got this, right?”
3. Collecting money from your flaky league members.
The worst. Luckily, Tilt.com partnered with ESPN this month to make collecting league dues a Brees (pun INTENDED).
4. One of your star players gets injured (or arrested).
Gronkowski breaks his arm blocking for an extra point with five mins left in the game…makes sense.
5. Realizing you forgot to set your lineup and don’t have your phone.
6. That league member who sends you 25 texts about a proposed trade.
No, you cannot have Adrian Peterson.
7. Joining the obligatory, expensive work league that you never win because you don’t care enough.
Just take it, you hyenas.
8. Your league commissioner allowing a clearly unfair trade…
9. Knowing your team is vastly outmatched this week.
At some point, it’s bound to happen.
10. When the guy who auto-drafts and never sets his lineup ends up making the playoffs and you don’t.
Well, it’s not like I spent hours of my life managing my team or anything.
11. Being comfortably ahead in points when going to bed, waking up to see you’ve lost.
Damn you, Seahawks defense!