The former child actor made headlines earlier in 2014 when he sued X-Men director Bryan Singer for childhood sexual abuse. Now he is being charged with wire fraud in a federal court.
The Special Victims Squad of the New York Police Department is investigating a complaint that Singer forcibly sexually assaulted a man in his twenties — but Singer has not been charged with a crime.
Michael Egan, the man who accused Hollywood director Bryan Singer of sexually abusing him when he was a minor, had his case voluntarily dismissed in federal court in Hawaii. An attorney advising Egan said he hopes to file a new lawsuit at a later date.
X-Men director Singer and attorneys on both sides of the case agreed to settle the lawsuit for $100,000 in June, a document obtained by BuzzFeed shows. But Michael Egan, the man suing Singer for sex abuse, refused to agree to the settlement. Now, Egan’s lawyer has dropped him. Another document shows that three other people — two of them previously undisclosed — had retained a lawyer to sue Singer.
The director of the X-Men films is being sued by two people: Michael Egan and an anonymous British man identified in court documents only as “John Doe 117.” Singer already moved to have Egan’s case thrown out of court.
Garth Ancier was a defendant in a sexual assault lawsuit filed by Michael Egan, who also targeted X-Men director Bryan Singer. Egan dropped his suit against Ancier this week, and now Ancier is countersuing him for malicious prosecution.
Digital pioneer Marc Collins-Rector lost millions before he vanished, believing that movie mogul David Geffen wanted to destroy him. Now he’s broke and alone — but the sex scandal he left behind continues to consume Hollywood. Update: Details from an official report about Collins-Rector’s arrest in Spain have been added.
The lawsuits allege that three Hollywood moguls drugged and raped Michael Egan when he was underage. It remains unclear whether the defendants in the new complaints include Singer and the other people Egan sued in April.
This is the second lawsuit that Michael Egan has voluntarily dismissed since filing four sexual assault complaints against Hollywood executives in April. He could opt to sue Garth Ancier again.
Michael Egan dropped his case against Neuman, a former Disney executive. Whether Egan will continue to pursue lawsuits against Singer and two other Hollywood executives remains unclear.
All four men accused of sexual abuse by Michael Egan have now filed motion to dismiss the cases. Individuals close to former NBC President Garth Ancier and Michael Egan wrote in declarations Ancier wasn’t on trips to Hawaii where he’s accused of abuse.
“When do you think you will have some time to hang out?” Michael Egan wrote to a man he later alleged was abusing him. “What’s the plan with the house in Spain…Am I moving in?” Egan’s lawyer calls the emails evidence that Egan was a “compliant victim.”
Copies of daily planners, calendars, and receipts from Gary Goddard were offered as evidence that he was never in Hawaii when the alleged abuse of Michael Egan took place, in a motion to dismiss the case against him filed on Thursday.
BuzzFeed reviewed the court files of Michael Egan’s first sexual assault lawsuit and found a number of strange and bewildering claims. Some seem to contradict allegations in his suit against Bryan Singer.
In a deposition in 2003, Michael Egan swore under oath that he had never traveled outside the continental United States during the time he now says he was assaulted by Singer. “I’m not sure how he interpreted the continental United States,” Egan’s lawyer said.
Marc Collins-Rector is named in court documents as the man who hosted parties where Hollywood executives would allegedly sexually abuse teenage boys. He hasn’t been seen by U.S. authorities since 2007, and BuzzFeed is attempting to locate him. If you have any information about his whereabouts, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attorney Martin Singer called the filing of lawsuit accusing Bryan Singer of sexual abuse last week “reckless and irresponsible.” He said the director was shooting a movie out of the country when the abuse allegedly occurred.
Garth Ancier, David Neuman, and Gary Goddard were named Monday as the sexual abuse lawsuits against director Bryan Singer widened to include several other major Hollywood players.
Marc Collins-Rector — who allegedly hosted parties where he, Bryan Singer, and others sexually abused teenage boys — was sued in 2000 by three people for sexual abuse. One of them was Alexander Burton, who played Pyro in the first X-Men movie.