1. Oh hey, London. Imagine if there was a garden on a wall in our city.
2. That would be cool, wouldn’t it?
3. Hang on a minute, there is one.
Environmentalists have turned the side of the Rubens Hotel in Victoria into a garden, in an effort to reduce the risk of flooding in the area.
Wild strawberries! Buttercups! Crocuses! Green ferns! These are all things that will grow on the magical wall garden.
The hotel roof will collect rain water to to feed the plants, and the whole project is going to increase biodiversity in a gross, smoggy area.
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria who are currently in Hungary to come to their countries. Syrians' passage from Hungary had been blocked. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›