1. When Pizza Hut opened in Kansas, a small pizza cost 95 cents and a large one cost $1.50.
2. Pizza Hut is so named because one of its founders’ wives thought the building it was in looked like a small hut.
3. In 1989, Pizza Hut delivered food to the White House for a pizza party thrown by Barbara Bush.
4. In 2012, Pizza Hut Canada released 110 bottles of of ‘Eau de Pizza Hut’.
The perfume was released in celebration of reaching 100,000 Facebook fans.
5. Pizza Hut was the first company to deliver pizza to people in outer space.
In 2001, Pizza Hut delivered a pizza designed to be space food to the International Space Station. It was launched on a Soyuz and eaten by Yuri Usachov in orbit.
6. At Pizza Hut New Zealand you can order a Marmite-stuffed crust.
7. There are 160 kcal in the average Pizza Hut salad bowl.
8. Pizza Hut uses more than 300 million pounds of cheese annually.
9. To make that much cheese, Pizza Hut uses 360 million gallons of milk every year.
11. Pizza Hut America offers a proposal package.
For $10,010 you get: a limousine; a ruby engagement ring; flowers; a fireworks display; a professional photographer; a professional videographer and a $10 dinner box containing “a medium one-topping rectangular pan pizza, five breadsticks with marinara sauce and 10 cinnamon sticks with a sweet icing cup in one box.”
12. The most successful Pizza Hut is in Moscow. It takes in $6,500 a day.
13. Pizza Hut was set up by two brothers who borrowed $600 from their mother.
14. Since 1971, Pizza Hut has been the number one pizza retailer in the world, in terms of both sales and units.
15. Jonathan Ross, Mikhail Gorbachev, Donald Trump and Ringo Starr have all starred in Pizza Hut adverts.
16. There are 1,920 kcal in a 12” medium pan pizza topped with only cheese.
17. There are Pizza Huts in over 100 countries worldwide.
18. Pizza Hut was the first pizza chain to accept an order over the Internet.
In 1994, a year before Amazon was created, Pizza Hut’s PizzaNet accepted its first order. It was for a large pizza with pepperoni, mushrooms and extra cheese.