22 Things University Students Love Talking About

“No, really, I’m way more screwed than you. I’ve actually done no revision.”

1. Pre-lashing.

Because going out sober simply isn’t an option.

2. Post-lashing.

Because going to bed sober isn’t either.

3. Writing essays.

Either they’re actually quite enjoying this one, or they’ve done literally no reading whatsoever omgggggggg.

4. Pulling all-nighters.

No, not the fun kind.

5. Procrastination.

This is university, you can’t just do your work when it’s set.

6. Rustlers.

75% of students eat them daily. The other 25% judge.

7. DJing at alternative club nights.

But in a really casual way. “Oh, didn’t you know that as well as the 89 societies I run, I DJ at a club night? You should totally drop by.”

8. Not paying for anything.

This one’s a nasty shock when they enter the real world.

9. Dissertation deadlines.

Specifically dissertation disaster one-upmanship. You may be behind on your reading list, but you’re guaranteed to know someone who hasn’t even started yet. And what about the guy who literally doesn’t even know what his is going to be on?

10. Tactical chunders.

Because no one wants to peak to early, obv.

11. Cycling.

Because it’s free.

12. Libraries.

And exactly how many hours they’ve spent in them.

13. The pub.


14. Sainsbury’s Basics.

Which, let’s be honest, is probably God’s greatest gift to humanity.

15. Cheesy chips.

And, of course, they have very strict loyalties to their preferred vendor.

16. How little revision they’ve done.


17. Caffeine.

Which is basically more important than water.

18. Protesting.

Because students really care about stuff.

19. Student loans finally coming through.

Which signifies a week of online shopping, drinking and eating out, and then being poor again.

20. Being poor.

And having to wait until your next student loan installment comes through and you can repeat the cycle all over again.

21. Toast.

The food of gods.

22. Being hungover.


Check out more articles on!

Tabatha Leggett is a senior writer for BuzzFeed and is based in London.
  Your Reaction?


    Here Are The Top Stories
    • President Barack Obama will unveil on Monday a plan that is considered to be "the strongest action ever taken" in the U.S. to combat climate change.
    • Undocumented immigrants living in Britain will face abrupt eviction from rental properties under new laws designed to reduce the UK's appeal as a migrant destination.
    • California Gov. Jerry Brown called for a state of emergency as wildfires burned thousands of acres by Sunday and forced hundreds of evacuations.
    Get The News App

    Now Buzzing