1. When you signed up to your student paper, you had no idea what you were getting yourself into.
2. You couldn’t have anticipated how many evenings you’d spend writing breaking news.
3. How many hours you’d spend sitting through student union meetings.
4. Or quite how long it’d take you to understand Photoshop and InDesign.
5. You still remember how you felt when you got your first byline.
7. And seeing your paper come back from the printer for the first time was an unbeatable feeling.
8. However stressful distribution day may have been.
9. Of course, you kept one of every copy you were in. Just in case.
12. Which you did more often than you’d care to admit.
If you’re honest, you had three stock friends who gave you permission to use their names. It’s OK to admit that now.