Dread Pirate Roberts is back on Twitter. Deja vu.
1. Silk Road 2.0 is up and running.
After being seized by the FBI in October this year, the dark web’s most prolific illegal drug market relaunched at 4.20pm GMT yesterday.
The site’s new owner will remain anonymous, but is using the same “Dread Pirate Roberts” alias that Ross Ulbricht, its former operator who was arrested in October, used.
2. He started tweeting before yesterday’s relaunch.
9. And continued once the site had launched.
15. He also showed a great sense of humour.
17. Although the marketplace launched yesterday, its forums have been active since its closure last October.
The new site lists drugs that are for sale in an almost identical format to its predecessor. It is expected to start listing other illegal products once it has been up and running for a while.
New users cannot sign up unless they’re invited by existing members.
For more information, read @DreadPirateSR’s interview with Mashable.