1. White wine spritzers are the most underappreciated heroes of summertime drinking.
2. They consist of one part wine, one part club soda.
3. And they are heaven in a glass.
5. That soda.
7. And if you want to get fancy, you can add a drop of bitters.
Bon Appétit magazine’s recipe suggests a drop or two of orange bitters.
8. Such a perfect combination.
9. Spritzers are less calorific than straight wine.
There are 175 kilocalories in a typical serving of white wine, and only 130 kilocalories in a spritzer.
10. They make it harder for you to get drunk quickly.
13. Even this friendly pup agrees.
Thirst, consider yourself quenched.
- Austria and Germany will allow people seeking refuge from the war in Syria who are currently in Hungary to come to their countries. ›
- Rowan County, Kentucky, issued several marriage licenses today, but their validity is being questioned because jailed clerk Kim Davis's name isn't on them. ›
- U.S. Vice President Joe Biden said he isn't sure he has the "emotional energy" to run for president. ›