1. 28 April: Sugababes (who had just replaced Siobhán Donaghy with Heidi Range) had a number 1 single with “Freak Like Me.”
“I wanna freak in the morning, freak in the evening… JUST LIKE ME.”
2. 28 April: Six months after its release, Blue’s debut album “All Rise” finally reached number 1.
Sexy. Simon. Webbe. Swoon.
3. 5 May: Neighbours star Holly Valance scored her first number 1 single with “Kiss Kiss”.
And every teenage girl started squeezing lemon juice into her hair in an attempt to replicate her perfect, golden highlights.
4. 19 May: The five Popstars losers had a number one hit with “Just A Little” and went on to be more successful than Hear’Say.
And Jessica Taylor became the sassiest lady in the charts.
5. 2 June: Will Young topped the charts for 2 weeks with his second single, “Light My Fire”.
THAT CHEEKY SMILE.
6. June: Sexy Ronan Keating’s sexy debut album “Destination” topped the UK albums charts. The album included number one single “If Tomorrow Never Comes”.
7. 14 July: Gareth Gates, A.K.A. THE FITTEST BOY/MAN IN THE WORLD, scored his second number 1 single with “Anyone Of Us (Stupid Mistake)”.
And he had made a stupid mistake. With Jordan. HOW COULD YOU, GARETH? HOW COULD YOU?
8. 4 August: Darius had a number one single with “Colourblind”, the greatest song of all time. It stayed at number 1 for 2 weeks.
Take that, Cowell. Darius didn’t need your record label to succeed. He’s an artist in his own right, damnit.
9. 18 August: The new formation of Sugababes reached number 1 again with “Round Round”.
10. 25 August: Blazin’ Squad’s debut single “Crossroads” reached number 1.
And every teenage girl fell in love with Kenzie <3.
11. 1 September: Atomic Kitten covered “The Tide Is High”, topped the charts for 3 weeks.
WE MISS YOU, SUMMER 2002.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".