Bring It On (2000)
1. Lots of the stunts performed in the national competition at the end of the film are illegal at high school level, according to the National Federation Interscholastic Spirit Association.
2. Kirsten Dunst and Gabrielle Union were both on their high school cheerleading squads.
3. The cheer Missy hears from the hotel window is a cheer from Dunst’s former high school.
A Cinderella Story (2004)
4. Rupert Grint was offered the role of Austin, but turned it down because he was filming Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban.
5. Sam’s IM username ends 818, the area code for San Fernando Valley, where the movie takes place. Austin’s IM username ends “609”, the area code for Princeton, which is where they want to go.
13 Going on 30 (2004)
6. When Jenna is 13, she has a framed picture of Madonna on her vanity table. When she is 30, we see the same photograph – but it says “Jenna, girl, margaritas anytime. Love you, Madonna” on it.
7. The apartment that features in the Poise article “Thirty, Flirty & Thriving”, which Jenna reads aged 13, is the one she ends up living in at 30.
8. The blindfold 13-year-old Jenna wears is made from the same material as the eye cover she wears at 30.
9. When Jenna speaks to Matt before his wedding, Time’s Arrow is on the bookshelf behind them. The Martin Amis novel is about a man who experiences his life in reverse.
Angus, Thongs and Perfect Snogging (2008)
10. Ellen and Dave’s onscreen kiss was actress Manjeeven Grewal’s first real kiss.
Wild Child (2008)
11. The script was written by Lucy Dahl, Roald Dahl’s daughter.
12. The song “Real Wild Child” plays in both Wild Child, which stars Emma Roberts, and Pretty Woman, which stars her aunt Julia Roberts.
13. When Poppy asks, “What is this place? Hogwarts?”, the movie cuts to a scene starring Shirley Henderson, who played Moaning Myrtle in the Harry Potter franchise.
Freaky Friday (2003)
14. Marc McClure, who plays Boris the delivery driver, played Anna’s crush (also called Boris) in the original Freaky Friday.
15. Dina, Lindsay Lohan’s mother, appears in the background in the final scene, when Anna is dancing with Jake.
16. Kelly Osbourne was offered and turned down the role of Anna.
Get Over It (2001)
17. Felix mentions the school name Rosnell High. This is a reference to Colin Hanks’ school in the TV series Roswell High.
Mean Girls (2004)
18. The movie was originally going to be called Homeschooled.
19. When Daniel Franzese sang “Beautiful”, his mother was the only person in the audience.
20. Lindsay Lohan was originally cast as Regina George, but switched to the role of Cady because she didn’t want the public to associate her with a mean character.
21. Amy Poehler, who played Regina’s mother, is just seven years older than Rachel McAdams, who played Regina.
New York Minute (2004)
22. The man who does a double take upon seeing Jane and Roxy run away from the hotel is Bob Saget. He played Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s dad in Full House.
23. When Jane and Roxy get to Chinatown, they pass a man selling bootleg DVDs of Holiday In The Sun 2. This is a reference to Holiday in the Sun, a film starring the Olsen twins.
She’s the Man (2006)
24. In Shakespeare’s Twelfth Night, which the movie is based on, Olivia’s servant Malvolio is in love with her. In She’s the Man, Malcolm has a pet tarantula named Malvolio.
Save the Last Dance (2001)
25. Sean Patrick Thomas, who played Derek, was 31 when the movie was filmed.
26. Julia Stiles was the only actor with professional dance training, in tap and ballet.
27. The movie’s choreographer was also the choreographer for the Backstreet Boys. In Sara’s second audition for Juilliard, the moves she does with the chair are the same as the Backstreet Boys’ moves in “As Long as You Love Me”.
A Walk to Remember (2002)
28. It only took 39 days to film this movie, even though Mandy Moore was only available for 10 hours a day due to being a minor.
29. Shane West bought the car he drove in the movie for $5,000.
30. When Lucy is talking to her dad in the hospital waiting room, a man holding a copy of USA Today with Britney Spears on the cover is in the background.
31. The hospital set is also used for Scrubs.
High School Musical (2006)
32. Troy Bolton’s singing voice was recorded by Drew Seeley for the first film. Zac Efron did his own singing for the second and third films.
The Princess Diaries (2001)
33. The Latin motto on the Genovian crest translates as: “The whole body works.”
34. Mia’s cat, Fat Louie, belonged to Anne Hathaway in real life.
35. When Mia breaks a glass at the formal dinner, a waiter says, “Don’t worry, it happens all the time.” That waiter is played by Alan Kent, who says the same line in Pretty Woman.
John Tucker Must Die (2006)
36. The set took 12 hours to clean up after filming the final scene.
37. The school mascot was borrowed from the school the film was shot in.
38. Jessica Simpson was offered the role of Aquamarine, but she turned it down.
The Girl Next Door (2004)
39. There were four pillows between Emile Hirsch and the stripper during the lap dance scene. This was because Hirsch was 17 throughout filming, and under child pornography laws, a naked woman could not touch his body.
Just My Luck (2006)
40. While filming Just My Luck, McFly’s Harry Judd and Lindsay Lohan had a one-night fling, although both claim not to have had sex.
41. When filming the McFly concert scenes in the UK, fans thought they’d just bought tickets to a McFly concert. They only found out it was for a movie when the director came on stage before the show and announced it.
42. McFly fans who booked tickets for the concert were asked not to bring any merchandise in order to support the film’s premise that McFly were an unknown band.
The Lizzie McGuire Movie (2003)
43. When Ms Ungermyer confiscates Ethan’s headphones, he is listening to “Girl in the Band” by Haylie Duff, Hilary’s sister.
- Senate Democrats have secured enough votes to uphold the Iran nuclear deal when Congress votes on it later this month. ›
- A new study says there are 3 trillion trees on Earth — much more than previously thought. But we're losing them fast 🌳 ›
- The U.S. Army says it's removing restrictions on women attending Ranger School. Two soldiers became the first women to graduate from the school last month. ›