1. Satirical news blog the Daily Currant published an “interview” with Kanye West yesterday.
In it, Kanye is quoted saying, “Nelson Mandela did a lot of good work, don’t get me wrong. But I think I’m on track to do something even bigger.
“I liberate minds with my music. That’s more important than liberating a few people from apartheid or whatever.”
2. He is also quoted claiming to be “well on [his] way towards being the next great black leader.”
“Not to mention I have a bigger market than he ever did.
“Mandela was working in South Africa, which has, like what, six people? I started my magic here in the USA and then I took my business global.
3. A lot of people didn’t notice that the interview was made up. And those people got very angry.
4. They took to Twitter to express their disgust.
Fuck kanye west…dont care how creative musically he is..hes still a shittty ass dude #bitch
I HATE @kanyewest as a person! Always have and always will.
Can someone make Kanye West shut the fuck up
8. They’re really upset.
Kanye West has to be the most ignorant fucking prick I’ve ever laid my eyes upon.
Dear Kanye West, just die. Die a horrible death. Kind regards, the entire world.
12. And even Times Live, one of South Africa’s biggest daily newspapers, thought it was real.
By 95, I’ll be a bigger hero than Nelson Mandela: Kanye West http://t.co/Elbb39jNmT
- Chile defeated Argentina on penalties to win the Copa America tournament. It's the first ever trophy for Chile in the 99 years of the cup ⚽️