1. The Milky Way arching over Liberty Cap in California’s Yosemite Valley.
2. Durdle Door in Dorset’s Jurassic Coast framing the Milky Way.
3. The moon and Comet Panstarr’s dust shining with reflected sunlight.
4. The Eta Carinae star at the centre of the Carina Nebula.
5. Noctilucent clouds above the Pennine Hills.
6. Herbig-Haro objects emerging from the dust clouds of the Pelican Nebula in the constellation of Cygnus.
7. The snow-capped Alpine horizon lit by the sun rising in the East and the moon sinking in the West.
8. Stars and constellations behind a windswept tree in Dartmoor National Park.
9. Auroral light over a frozen shoreline.
10. Orion Nebula’s dust clouds.
11. Photographers gathered on a hilltop to watch an auroral display.
12. The Milky Way lining up with the 64m radio telescope disc at Parkes Observatory in Australia.
13. The sun.
14. An astrophotographer watching a meteor streak across the sky.
15. Venus in transit, silhouetted in front of the Sun.
All photographs will be exhibited at the Royal Observatory in Greenwich from 19th September 2013.