2. He guest edited this week’s New Statesman, and his excellent 4,500 word call for revolution was published this morning.
3. In it, he likened shaking George Osborne’s hand to “sliding [his] hand into a dilated cow.”
4. And yesterday he advised Jeremy Paxman to “tangle [his beard] into [his] armpit hair” on Newsnight.
5. But Russell Brand was amazing waaaaaay before he became an political activist.
6. Remember when he worked at MTV and bought his drug dealer into work?
8. And when he presented Big Brother’s Big Mouth and flirted with every single female contestant?
10. That’s when the Sun first crowned him “Shagger of the Year” - an accolade he’s since received four times.
11. And although he’s admitted to having a sex addiction, he’s always responsible.
14. But let’s get back to comedy. 1 Leicester Square, Russell Brand’s Got Issues and Ponderland were hilariously funny.
15. As was the time Bob Geldof called him a “cunt” at the NME Awards.
Getty / Mark Holloway
16. And his description of George W. Bush at the 2008 MTV Music Video Awards.
Getty / Tom Pennington
18. And then there was Sachs-gate. Let’s be honest, that was pretty funny too.
Getty / Claire Greenway
20. Except the things he says that are serious.
Getty / Mike Marsland
21. Which are actually surprisingly profound.
Getty / Mat Hayward
22. His speech about his mother’s battle with breast cancer at the 2008 Pride of Britain Awards was incredibly moving.
Getty / Stuart Wilson
23. And his Guardian articles about Amy Winehouse and Maggie Thatcher were spot on.
24. He was good when he spoke about drugs in the House of Commons too.
26. He has the cutest bromances.
Getty / David M. Benett
28. And after all of his battles with drug and sex addictions, he still thinks the world is a wonderful place.
Via Getty / Alo Ceballos
Here Are The Top Stories
- Two bomb attacks in Nigeria's central city of Jos killed at least 44 people.