…or granny square quilt
They were seriously the BEST to snuggle under.
Bonus points if it also came with a crocheted seat cover and matching rug
These pieces complimented the dusty soap dish filled with rose soaps and/or liquid bath beads that you weren’t supposed to use.
3. Tole-painted goose
Oh, tole painting, how the lady of the 80’s loved you so.
4. Bent-over yard figurines
I like big butt decorations and I can not lie.
She may have even had this crocheted gem!
Doilies were a grandmother’s decorating must-have.
6. Crochet-topped hand towels
These were particularly good to make for wedding showers or bunco gifts!
7. Teddy bears wearing clothes with straw hats
Teddy bears are very dignified creatures and deserved to be dressed in only the best Daisy Kingdom prints!
These lace and embroidery delights were the perfect thing to look at while on the crapper!
9. Needlepoint coasters
Smurf glasses just sweat better on these things.
…or landscape on an entire hand saw
Extra props if they had one of these! Paint at your own risk, right?
11. Hand-painted ceramic figurines
I love their disinterest in each other.
12. Crocheted air freshener
Because anything that diffuses odor should look good, of course! Bath and Body Works Wallflowers plugins have nothing on this beauty!
13. Decorated Wicker Basket
It’s purpose wasn’t exactly clear.
14. Something in the house featuring Holly Hobby
Holly Hobby could kick Laura Ingall’s butt anyday.
15. Crocheted bedding in the room you stayed in
Of course, the bedspread was folded up and put to the side, since it was really “all show”.
16. A handmade photo album with all the trimmings
Satin ribbon never looked so good.
…that hung up your artwork you made for her.
This is a drawing I made for my Grandmother in 1987. I sure do love and miss her and all her crafty things!
- Protesters gathered in Chicago Tuesday night after city officials released the video of a white police officer fatally shooting Laquan McDonald, a black teenager. ›
- Adele broke the single-week U.S. album sales record set by NSYNC in 2000. "25" sold at least 2.43 million in about three days. ›