1. It starts off with delinquent Brit Sarah Manning watching her exact double throw herself in front of a moving train.
Yeah no slow beginnings here.
2. Then Sarah impersonates her twin in order to figure out why she killed herself.
And also to hide from her drug dealing ex-boyfriend Vic, who is just really unpleasant.
3. And we find out that instead of twins, Sarah Manning just has some clones.
4. There’s Cosima with the great hair.
Cosima is so chill.
5. Alison the soccer mom.
Alison is the definition of “not chill”
6. Helena with the crazy eyes.
Perhaps Helena could swing by a Duane Reade to pick up some conditioner as well?
7. Katja Obinger, the German.
Rock and Roll.
8. And Rachel, the snotty Proclone.
She just LOOKS wildly unpleasant.
9. All of the clones are “owned” by the Dyad Institute, which is Big-Brother-esque and super creepy.
And everyone there practices Neolutionism, which means you should grow your own tail.
10. The clones are all trying to figure out who created them and why.
Who made them? What disease did Katja have? SO MANY QUESTIONS.
11. Felix (Sarah’s foster brother) is obviously the best character.
So fabulous and SO sassy.
12. We can’t forget about Hot Paul.
Never change, Hot Paul.
13. Sarah’s daughter Kira is a little bit more than special.
Basically she is a faster healing Regina George.
14. Mrs. S was Sarah’s foster mother and a is total enigma.
Is she evil? Is she good? Can we really trust Vera Bates?
15. Oh yes, and star Tatiana Maslany plays all the clones.
Every. Single. One.
16. And she plays the clones pretending to be other clones.
Sarah as Beth, Alison as Sarah, Sarah as Katja - it’s all perfection.