1. Everyone thinks they know what homeschooling is like.
2. And it can be really hard to explain why their assumptions are wrong.
4. When really, your relationship with them is just extra-awesome!
7. When really, you can (and do) learn everywhere!
“And this is where I go to school.”
14. But really you’re like…
Group photo from Not Back To School Camp.
20. But in real life, lots of homeschooler couples are happy being different… together.
21. People think your parents teach you EVERYTHING…
24. Many older homeschoolers take supplemental classes at a community college.
25. You even have the freedom to take on an apprenticeship, volunteer positions, or a job.
Texas Home School Coalition interns.
26. Yes, homeschoolers are sometimes a little “different.”
28. But we are also totally awesome.
Actress/writer/gamer/nerd-queen Felicia Day was homeschooled throughout most of her childhood until she began attending college at age 16.
Illustrator and writer of cute animals, Beatrix Potter was schooled at home by a private governess. She once said “Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of the originality.”
“Study without desire spoils the memory, and it retains nothing that it takes in.” -Leonardo da Vinci, who wasn’t formally schooled.
32. And as he points out, it’s awesome how flexible your schedule is…
36. Also, homeschooling prepares you for real life (because you’re in it!)
37. But some people are convinced that homeschooling is SO weird, no matter what you say.
39. Sometimes you end up saying things you don’t even mean in order to get someone to understand.
42. There isn’t one education solution for everyone, but everyone CAN learn something from homeschooling:
- Officials released new footage proving Sandra Bland was "alive and well" when her mugshot was taken to counter social media rumors that she was deceased in the photo.
- The U.S. will release Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard after 30 years. The move isn't tied to the Iran nuclear deal, American officials say.
- The NFL has upheld Tom Brady's four-game suspension for his alleged involvement with the deflation of footballs 🏈