1. Everyone thinks they know what homeschooling is like.
2. And it can be really hard to explain why their assumptions are wrong.
4. When really, your relationship with them is just extra-awesome!
7. When really, you can (and do) learn everywhere!
“And this is where I go to school.”
14. But really you’re like…
Group photo from Not Back To School Camp.
20. But in real life, lots of homeschooler couples are happy being different… together.
21. People think your parents teach you EVERYTHING…
24. Many older homeschoolers take supplemental classes at a community college.
25. You even have the freedom to take on an apprenticeship, volunteer positions, or a job.
Texas Home School Coalition interns.
26. Yes, homeschoolers are sometimes a little “different.”
28. But we are also totally awesome.
Actress/writer/gamer/nerd-queen Felicia Day was homeschooled throughout most of her childhood until she began attending college at age 16.
Illustrator and writer of cute animals, Beatrix Potter was schooled at home by a private governess. She once said “Thank goodness I was never sent to school; it would have rubbed off some of the originality.”
“Study without desire spoils the memory, and it retains nothing that it takes in.” -Leonardo da Vinci, who wasn’t formally schooled.