2. (Remember this moment, when you first saw her, because it will feel very important later.)
3. Monster was found by artists Tracy Timmons and Joseph Bryce, who were living in Brooklyn at the time.
4. Tracy told us that Monster “came tumbling out of a bush when we were walking home one night from dinner. Her hair was totally matted, she was really thin, and obviously hungry.”
5. “Because she is all black and it was night time we didn’t completely see the teeth until she looked up at us and let out a really weird howl/meow. When I saw her face I kind of shrieked and said, ‘What is it?’”
7. “We decided we couldn’t leave her, she didn’t look like a survivor, and so we led her to our house. I carried her at some points crossing streets and then sometimes put her down to allow her to follow. “
8. “When we took her into the vet, and after they stopped laughing about her, I had to ask whether they thought Monster was born that way or whether something happened to her.”
9. “The vet assured me that this looked like a condition from birth the way her jaw was structured, and these kinds of thing happen commonly in Persian breeds and she thanked me for bringing her in to get her fixed. ‘It stops here!’ she said.”
10. Monster now lives on New York’s East Side with Tracy and Bryce, and she recently started her own Instagram due to popular demand.
11. She hates going outside and won’t even venture onto the roof, although she does enjoy gazing out the window at the land she will one day undoubtedly rule.
12. This princess may have been found in the bushes…
14. Let us bask in her glory…
Here Are The Top Stories
- More debris – believed to be part of the missing aircraft MH370 – has been found washed up on the Indian Ocean island of Réunion on Sunday.
- Cilla Black, the legendary English singer and TV star, has died at her home in Spain, according to local police. She was 72-years-old.
- A conservation group at Oxford University told BuzzFeed News that media reports of Jericho's death were not true and that the 11-year-old lion was "alive and well".