1. Teddy boys were one of the first subcultures to celebrate their own youth, begetting egomaniacal teenagers for generations to come.
2. Early Teddies listened to jazz and skiffle music, but soon converted to the church of Elvis Presley and Bill Haley.
4. And they were basically the coolest girls that ever walked the planet.
5. The guys weren’t so bad either – looking at you, boy on the left.
6. Hipsters today have nothing on these waistcoats.
7. And the blazers on these ladies are to die for.
8. And oh my god the hair. THE HAIR!
9. But while Teddy Boys and Judies may look to you like clean-cut do-gooders…
10. There was a rough edge to the Teddy Boy movement.
11. They formed gangs and were often involved in riots and clashes with rival groups.
12. Yeah, Teddy Boys were kind of the original punks.
13. But they looked good doing it.
14. Like, unassailably bitchin’.
15. Yep, definitely going to buy some hairspray now.
16. For gentlemen, I recommend more three piece suits.
17. May we all hope to one day be half as cool as these stoop sitters.
- At least 15 people were killed after a suicide bomber attacked a Shiite Muslim procession of hundreds of people in Nigeria. ›
- And how well do you know what happened in the news this week? Take our quiz. ›