This is not the list I would have assembled. How about:
* Goofy street network, including two parallel streets that meet at a right angle (5th & 6th Aves)
* Using immense staircases to get from A to B
* Intersections on staircase streets! Who has that?!
* Cobblestone streets used by everyone, like Joncaire in Oakland
* All the museums *other than* the Carnegie set
* Bike corral parking starting to become common. You don’t need a car here!
* Three-digit mortgages on a 3BR house that you might actually want to live in.
* A true four-season climate, including the occasional small tornado, blizzard, and leftover hurricane. And no earthquakes!
* Art! Hula hooping! Festivals! Flock of Cycles! First Fridays at the Frick! The fountain at the point! The Great Race! Kayaking! You can’t get bored here unless of your own making.
SHARE THIS PAGE View Viral Dashboard ›