This is not the list I would have assembled. How about:
* Goofy street network, including two parallel streets that meet at a right angle (5th & 6th Aves)
* Using immense staircases to get from A to B
* Intersections on staircase streets! Who has that?!
* Cobblestone streets used by everyone, like Joncaire in Oakland
* All the museums *other than* the Carnegie set
* Bike corral parking starting to become common. You don’t need a car here!
* Three-digit mortgages on a 3BR house that you might actually want to live in.
* A true four-season climate, including the occasional small tornado, blizzard, and leftover hurricane. And no earthquakes!
* Art! Hula hooping! Festivals! Flock of Cycles! First Fridays at the Frick! The fountain at the point! The Great Race! Kayaking! You can’t get bored here unless of your own making.