1. Don’t fear the thrift store.
Mixing new and vintage pieces can make you stand out in the crowd. Check where your nearest thrift store is and take chance on something you wouldn’t usually wear. Your going out budget just got a little bit bigger.
2. Remix the way you wear certain items.
Sick of that old oversized shirt hanging around in your closet? Try a new and original way to wear - may it be as a dress or tied up at the waist with a pair of pencil pants, the possibilities are endless. Get the full shirt-to-dress tutorial here.
3. Dress up basics with a bejeweled stand-alone collar.
Or a layered statement necklace.
Find out how to make this gorgeous pegasus necklace yourself here.
4. Give a basic tee designer flair with geometric cut outs.
Get the full instructions for this Gucci-inspired look here.
5. Design your own dream fabric to sew with.
Online services like Spoonflower.com let you order customized fabrics with ease, so the sky’s the limit!
6. Use funky appliqués to give basics unique flair.
A little original detail can go a long way. Just use iron-on fabric to cut out and affix the shape you want.
7. Give silk scarves a second life as effortlessly chic headwear.
Find out how to tie your head scarf flawlessly here.
8. Add a pop of color to any outfit with a sleek color blocked clutch.
Get the DIY instructions here.
9. Spruce up a solids with your own custom designed fabric stamps.
Find out how to make them here.