1. Stretch in the morning before you do anything else.
Get those muscles to relax early on so you can stay loose the rest of the day.
2. Set aside time every day for exercise.
Even if it’s just 10 minutes first thing in the morning, a little exercise will keep your mind and body so much more refreshed.
3. Write a list of things you will accomplish at the beginning of the day.
Be ambitious, but keep it realistic. Nothing feels better than scratching off your to-do list.
4. Walk or ride a bike to work in the mornings.
The fresh air will do wonders for you, and you’ll be awake and ready to take on your day!
5. Take a few minutes to meditate.
Breathe deeply, exhale slowly, and let your mind wander. Daily life brings so much stress, so it’s important to let your mind relax.
6. Take time to thank someone.
This will make someone else happier, because everyone loves the feeling of being acknowledged. And of course, brightening someone else’s day is basically instant karma.
7. Listen to your favorite song.
And feel free to sing along. Nothing feels better than belting out a few favorites when you need a pick-me-up.
8. Take breaks throughout the day.
You’ll feel so much better, and the rest of the day will be a breeze.
9. Set aside time to focus on something for yourself.
Whether it’s learning a new skill, reading a book, or just catching up on your favorite show, making time for you is EXTREMELY important. Sometimes you need to give yourself the attention you deserve every now and then.
10. Write a letter to someone special.
Texts and emails are nice, but there’s just something therapeutic about writing with pen and paper. And of course, just imagine your friend’s reaction when they actually get a handwritten letter.
11. And at the end of every day, write down three good things that happened to you.
Always remember to focus on the good things in life because we’ve all got better things to do than harp on all the negative things. Be happy!